Sending transactional emails and the SendSmtpEmailSender is visible to recipients to see

I am using the SendTransacEmailAsync method to send emails. As I was instructed, I am using the email address associated with my subscription as the Email Sender. Unfortunately this email address is exposed to the recipients which creates a problem because I want the FROM email address to be the visible and usable email address.

My application is a subscription based product that uses Brevo to allow users to send emails to their members. Giving them access to the sender address is confusing.

Hi @pauldivaniii , thanks for posting on this community!

I am not sure to get it:

• you use an email address as the Email sender, let’s say it’s a@a.com
  • then you want the FROM to not be a@a.com, is it what you mean?

I am not sure to get it, can you please provide more details?

Yes that is exactly what I mean. The SendGrid (now Brevo) team told me that my emails were getting blocked because I was not using the email associated with my account as the « sender » email. Then, I should set the « FROM » email and everything would work perfectly.

I’m okay doing this now since the test group using my app is the test group. However, what I’m finding is that the « SEND » email address is exposed to them and I keep getting emails from them on this email address.

I’m wanting to know if there is a way to keep this from happening or is there another solution that will guarantee my transactional emails will be delivered with a high degree of success.

Thanks for your reply.
I’m a bit confused: if you’re using let’s say a@a.com as the sender, your recipients will necessarily see this address when they’ll receive your email, no?
What you can change is the « Reply to » address, so that if they click on « Reply » from your email, they will be able to change it but by default it will be the « Reply to » address.

PS: Sendgrid is a different company, our previous name was Sendinblue :+1:

That’s what I am doing so I guess approach moving forward is probably to use an address like noreply@pgw.com as the sender email address to hopefully clarify that the send email is not to be used.

Didn’t mean to say SenGrid, I meant SendInBlue. Sorry about that.

1 « J'aime »