Can I send templated emails outside an automation?

Hi all, Happy Monday.

Can I send templated emails outside an automation?

Use case: I need to send templated emails to those in my contact list, they are not one-to-many, they are one-to-one, but I can’t simply got to the contact and start a new email and pul a template into that email.

Is that on the roadmap?

Hello Paton,

You can send a transactional mail with the API. If you pass a templateId, the sender and content can be pulled from the template. You can pass one or more customers in to.

You can try right in the docs or use the endpoint in Postman. Will this work for your use case?

1 « J'aime »

Thanks for commenting. Great to know it can be done via the api, it will be useful as I automate further.

For now, I’d like to do it via the UI, and may want to do it even in the future. I see value in being able to pick a contact and be able to email the contact a templated message (With template here I really mean a canned message that has proper formatting and a subject). Can that be done?

1 « J'aime »

Hi @patonbrevo , if I’m not wrong you’ll be able to do so next year: you’ll be able to send a 1-1 email from a contact page, with the ability to choose a template. Do you confirm @boris.rieunier?

1 « J'aime »

Hi @patonbrevo thanks for your message.

Yes its a feature we want to provide and it’s on the roadmap as an identified priority topic for next year. I cannot communicate on a estimation yet regarding delivery.