E-mail Deliverability Issues with Google and Yahoo

I am currently experiencing a lot of deliverability issues on Google and Yahoo. Almost the entire list (98-99%) soft bounces or it says in processing mode. I looked at Google Postmaster tools, and I do see our domain is flagged for bad IP reputation, spam rates. etc. Brevo support provided excellent suggestions on what to do while sending campaigns: Cleaning and blocklisting unengaged users, slowly using the warm ip method. Is there anything else I need to do? I also noticed transactional and marketing e-mails are both being sent from a shared ip address. The automation sends a lot of e-mails daily, and I’m worried this is contributing to the issue. I have read several articles about the new changes that just took into effect this month.

Hi RickyCasillas, I was working on our DMARC certifications in April to avoid being flagged by google and yahoo.

You can read more on this topic here:

I hope this helps.

2 « J'aime »

Hello @N_Allvital! Thank you so much for your article! I do believe our system did not have the correct DMARC configuration in April, and a ticket was created to get this fixed. It actually did help for a while, then we started getting flagged by Google again. I have been trying to only send to our engaged users and I have been trying to clean up our list. There’s a good chance our list could have some SPAM trap e-mails. Just wondering if there’s a service out there that could help us remove these e-mails.

Just wanted to provide an update. I have spent several months trying to clean our list from spam traps and invalid e-mails which have gotten into our system several months before I came onboard. We are still having major deliverability issues with Google after several months. We have reached out to customer support, but we keep getting the same reply over and over again. We do understand that our e-mail automations need work, and we are tying to identify which ones are resulting in higher spam complaints. We have tried reducing our e-mail volume significantly, and it has improved the deliverability error rate in Google Postmasters. Before it was nearly 98% and now it’s in the 50-60% range. We are currently on a dedicated IP that has reputation issues. We were told to try all of the recommendations but it has been two months, and our revenue still hasn’t improved. We are currently enterprise customers, we just wish we could get more one-on-one support to help us get back on the right track. Another issue we had been experiencing is the opt out feature. When e-mails were being block listed on the footer of e-mails. They were only globally removing them from one list. Either transactional or marketing depending on which e-mail they clicked. Ideally clicking on that button should removed them from both list - since that’s what the customer usually expects. Since that hadn’t been happening, customers were continuing to receive e-mails - and eventually hitting the spam complaint button as a result. We did reach out to customer service, and I was able to create some manual automations to help blocklist users from both e-mail types.