How to stop an Automation if the recepient replied to any of the Email?

Our requirement is to send a set of emails to users. If a user replies to any of the emails, we wish them to exit the automation (our customer representative will carry the conversation from there).

As recommended in this thread Receiver Email Response Trigger I tried to use the ‹ Conversation Ended › event as an Exit condition for the automation, but it didn’t work and I still received further emails.

Please see the automation as below:

After the first email, when the automation was in a waiting state (the 7-minute wait), I replied to the email but still received the second email.

Exit condition is ‹ conversation ended › without any filter (the forum is not allowing to attach two images for new users)

Please suggest a way to achieve this.

The exit condition:

Brevo currently doesn’t have an in-built, automatic trigger that halts an automation when someone replies to an email directly within the workflow. However, you can use a workaround by integrating Brevo with a tool like Zapier, which can detect when an email is replied to and then trigger an action in Brevo to stop or update the automation.

Steps to resolve:

1. Use Zapier to detect email replies:
    Set up a Zap in Zapier with Gmail or another email provider as the trigger to detect when an email reply is received.
    This would act as the trigger event, so when a reply comes in, the action is triggered in Brevo.
  2. Create an action to stop automation:
    Once a reply is detected, you can use Zapier to update the contact in Brevo by adding them to a new list or tag.
    Within Brevo, you can configure your automation to stop when a contact is added to that list or tagged.
  3. Manually Check:
    Until Brevo rolls out a more direct feature, another manual workaround is to set up email notifications for replies and manually pause or adjust the automation for that contact.

If you want more details on setting up this Zapier integration or any part of the process, let me know and I’d be happy to walk you through it!

Thanks for your reply @Esther
As per the accepted answer in the below ticket, it is possible to achieve it using Conversation triggers. Can you please highlight the gap in my understanding?

It seems there might be some confusion regarding the available triggers. Brevo doesn’t have a direct “email replied” activity trigger visible in every automation setup. Instead, the Conversation Triggers feature is specifically designed for these types of interactions, allowing you to handle replies efficiently.

But here’s a solution using Conversation Triggers

1. Set Up a Conversation Trigger:

• Brevo allows you to use Conversation Triggers to manage interactions when a recipient replies to an email. You can create a trigger that activates when a reply is received.
  2. Automate the Removal from the List:

• In your automation settings, you can configure the workflow to remove the recipient from the list or sequence of emails once they reply. This way, they won’t receive the subsequent emails in your sequence.
  3. Creating the Trigger:

• Go to your automation section in Brevo, and look for the Triggers option. Set up a trigger based on the « Reply » action within your email sequences.
    • Ensure that this trigger is linked to the action that removes the contact from the sequence.
  4. Testing the Workflow:

• Before fully implementing, it’s wise to test this setup with a few contacts to ensure that it works as intended and that responses properly halt the automated emails.

Let me know if this works

1 « J'aime »