If/Else New Vs Existing Contacts

Hi. I am new to automations with Brevo and I am trying to understand how this works. Here’s my situation.

1. I have various products for sale on my website.
  2. Each product has the offer of a specific promotion so I’m using different forms for each.
  3. Every visitor who opts-in to this form will recieive a promotion code. (If they don’t opt-in or don’t want/already have the promotion code, they can click to be directed to the sales page.)
  4. At this point, I want a condition for new contacts and pre-existing contacts.
    4.1 When new contacts opt-in, after receiving this particular product’s promo code email, I want them to receive my welcome sequence.
    4.2 For pre-existing contacts who’ve received this particular product’s promo code email, I don’t want them to receive my welcome sequence (because they’ve gotten it already through some other form). I want them to receive a different sequence of follow-ups, etc.

This may be a very basic question, but can you please help me understand how to do this. The main thing is I want new contacts to get the welcome sequence. And I don’t want pre-existing contacts to get it repeatedly.

I think I can send new ones to the welcome sequence, and keep old ones in another … But I’m sure of how to use the If/Else conditions to do this.

Hi Goodsight!
To set this up, here’s what I’d suggest:

1. Create a Condition Split:

• Use the ‹ If/Else › condition in your workflow.
    • For existing contacts, you can base the condition on whether a contact has a specific tag, attribute, or has previously interacted with your emails.
  2. Define ‹ New Contacts ›:

• Consider contacts that have been added to your list recently (e.g., within the last 30 days).
    • You can use the Date Added field or set a custom attribute when someone subscribes, marking them as ‹ New. ›
  3. Define ‹ Existing Contacts ›:

• For existing contacts, you could check if they’ve opened or clicked on a previous email campaign, or if they already have a tag or status indicating they’ve interacted before.
  4. Implement ‹ If/Else › Logic:

• In your workflow, set up the condition:
      • If contact has opened/clicked an email before or has a specific tag (Existing), then route them to the ‹ existing › path.
      • If not, route them to the ‹ new › path.

This way, the system can differentiate between new contacts and those already engaging with your content. Let me know if this works for you, or if you’d like more help, I can walk you through it step-by-step!