Problem with email integration in Conversation - TLS encryption

Hello everyone,

I’m currently facing a little challenge with Brevo:

I would like to display or integrate my iMAP email account in the conversations. I would like to see my emails in Brevo and also write from them, for example to see who has opened the email.

About the problem:
Unfortunately, I cannot activate forwarding because Brevo does not support (!) TLS encryption on email servers. This means I would have to completely deactivate my email encryption so that Brevo can handle it.

I saw that you could also activate the Outlook mailbox. Is this about an Exchange account, or does Outlook simply handle it differently? I can also use Outlook as an email tool, but I cannot deactivate the encryption.

Has anyone had this problem and a solution for it? It’s inconceivable to me anyway that Brevo doesn’t (!) support TLS encryption for emails. This is absolutely outdated and really bad.

I’m hoping for a positive feedback

Hello @sammetinger,

Thank you for contacting us. IMAP works with our Inbound Parsing API which does not support TLS. I will add it to our request list.

Concerning Microsoft, this concerns Outlook and Office accounts. You can connect them directly without forwarding.
As you suggested, if I understood correctly, connecting your mailbox to Outlook and then connecting your Outlook account to Brevo is unfortunately not possible.
If your current email provider works with a Microsoft solution, it should be integrated with Microsoft Graph APIs. Then you can try to connect it via Microsoft’s Conversations connection.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you for your message.
How do I find out if Microsoft API is available to me?

I can connect my email (iMAP) to Outlook or use it via it. How do I move forward?

Hello @sammetinger,

How do I find out if Microsoft API is available to me?

You need to check with your current email provider to know which solution they are using. You can also try to connect your mailbox by choosing « Microsoft » on the provider page.

I can connect my email (iMAP) to Outlook or use it via it. How do I move forward?

As explained in my previous post, connecting your IMAP email to Outlook and then connecting Outlook to Conversations will not work.

Unfortunately, it seems that Brevo does not support TLS encryption for email servers, which can be a limitation for integrating IMAP accounts. You may want to explore alternatives or contact Brevo support for further assistance.